Crawford County Sheriff's Office
1. How can I bond someone out of jail?
- During normal business hours, you may pay a bond at the Crawford County Clerk of Court.
- Form of bond payment must be either cash, credit card, or a cashiers check issued from a bank. If a credit card is used, you will be informed about a non-refundable surcharge prior to use.
2. What kind of property can I bring to an inmate?
Visitors may bring the following articles within the first 7 days. After the 7 days are up the inmate can purchase supplies through the commissary. Note: All Clothing articles must be new in package and white in color
- 3 pairs of underwear
- Pullover sports bras (may not have any metal parts)
- Thermal T-Shirts and Pants
3. Can I send an inmate magazines and/or books?
We do allow magazines and books sent in with the following restrictions:
- The items must be delivered from a vendor or book store or by subscription.
- The items must be soft covered.
- Inmates are limited to 2 magazines and 3 books in their cell due to the limited amount of space.
- Materials deemed to be a threat to security, racially derogatory or inflammatory in nature will be considered contraband and will be seized and/or disposed of by policy.
4. What is the normal release time for inmates that have completed their sentence?
Inmates are released from Jail once their sentence has been served at 5:30 am daily.
224 N Beaumont Rd, Prairie du Chien, WI 53821 608-326-8414